We ask all guests to read this policy before booking a stay.
Cancellation due to Covid-19
- If a holiday is cancelled due to guests developing Covid-19 symptoms before arrival, an alternative date or a full refund of the booking will be offered. However the hosts must be notified up to up to two hours before the intended arrival time. Failing to inform the hosts of an intended cancellation will result in the full amount being charged. Our usual cancellation policy applies to all non Covid-19 related cancellations (link).
- If a guest develops Covid-19 symptoms while staying in the Hut, the government provides the following guidelines:
“If a guest is displaying signs of the COVID-19 virus while staying in overnight accommodation for a permitted reason, they should inform the accommodation provider, immediately self-isolate where they are to minimise any risk of transmission, and request a test. If they are confirmed to have COVID-19, they should return home if they reasonably can. They should use private transport but only drive themselves if they can do so safely. If a guest cannot reasonably return home (for example because they are not well enough to travel or do not have the means to arrange transport), their circumstances should be discussed with an appropriate health care professional and, if necessary, the local authority.
Guests should follow government guidance on dealing with possible or confirmed coronavirus (COVID-19) infection. Once the guest (and if appropriate their family) has finished the required self-isolation period and is no longer symptomatic, they should return to their main residence and continue to follow the government guidance on self-isolation, household isolation and social distancing.”
- A daily charge of £10.00 will be incurred (to be paid on departure via bank transfer) for any guests self isolating on site. This will enable the hosts to provide reasonable support for the length of the isolation period. Any additional items required by the guests will be charged accordingly.
- Any bookings affected by guests self isolating on site will be notified. The hosts have the right to cancel at any time due to Covid-19 incidents and a full refund or alternative dates will be offered. Information on other suitable local accommodation can be provided if requested.
- The hosts have the right to inform the local community of any potential development of Covid-19 by guests staying in the Hut.
- On the occasion that guests develop Covid-19 symptoms within seven days after visiting the Hut, it is essential that the hosts are notified so subsequent guests are informed.
- A specific cleaning procedure has been set up to comply with the government guidelines on Covid-19 for the hospitality industry. The interior of the Hut and all exterior touch points will be cleaned using products complying with BSEN1276. Appropriate PPE will be worn during cleaning of the site.
- All ‘high touch’ items have been removed, such as the visitors book and local information folder.
- We will be asking each guest to strip the bed and place the used bed linen and towels into laundry bags. These will be washed at 60 degrees C.
- All kitchen equipment is put through a dishwasher cycle between each guest.
- All communication between guests and hosts while staying in the Hut will take place via mobile phone. If face to face communication is necessary two meters social distancing will be observed.
- We ask guests to remain within the boundaries of the field which the Hut is in, to minimise contamination of gates and fences.